UPDATE [8/6/20]: COVID-19 ALWAYS HELPFUL PROTOCOL
To keep the Always Helpful staff and our clients safe, we will continue to observe the current COVID-19 appointment protocol (see below) through the remainder of 2020, unless there is a local/regional spike in COVID-19 cases. We will reevaluate at that time following the PA Department of Health recommendations.
COVID-19 APPOINTMENT PROTOCOL
For the safety of our staff, clients, and patients we request that you please observe the following.
- Please call 717-529-0526 upon your arrival, a technician will come out to greet you and take your pet’s history (by phone during in-climate weather)
- You and one person from the same household will be allowed to enter the office and attend your pet’s full appointment (*unless any of the following guidelines below apply to you or any person accompanying you)
- We ask that “tech only” appointment (nails, therapy treatments, etc.) owners remain outside, and a staff member will retrieve your pet for treatment
- Please wear a properly fitting face covering while in the presence of staff members and remain at a safe social distance of 6′
- If requested, we can provide a virtual or phone appointment for clients who wish to remain in their vehicle or at home
- At the completion of your appointment, please return to your vehicle, and a staff member will call you for check-out
- Your pet will be returned after treatment with your invoice and supplies
We are taking CDC-outlined measures, to prevent any spread in our practice.
- Diligent cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces throughout the day
- Filtering ozone through the office ducts/ventilation systems nightly
- All staff are wearing protective masks and washing hands after every patient
- Only allowing one owner/couple living in the same household to attend full appointments
- You will be informed if you were in contact with a team member diagnosed with COVID-19
*IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO YOU
- Have you traveled outside your state or regional area, or outside of the country within the past month?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting for test results, tested positive, or are still in treatment for COVID-19?
*Are you experiencing either of the following COVID-19 symptoms or a combination of these symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms?
- Fever – (100.4 degrees)
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Then your animal should only be seen in an emergency. Please call the office so we can access your pet’s needs. If deemed necessary, you may send your animal to the practice with a trusted agent and be available by phone or computer during the exam, or we may refer you to an emergency veterinary hospital.
Thank you for your cooperation during this time, stay safe, stay healthy!
Always Helpful Veterinary Services